Thursday 19 March 2020

First embarrass your children….

When both my children were at university, Number One Daughter developed chicken pox.  I tasked Number One Son with doing food shopping for her and delivering it.  This he dutifully did, leaving it on the doorstep and crossing the road to wave at her when she picked it up. We laughed about it at the time – not so funny now.

Daughter lives abroad so can only offer advice (and plenty of it) but Son phoned to see if there was anything we needed. We haven’t stockpiled but having never quite got used to catering for a household of two we have plenty – especially as we won’t be doing any entertaining. However, today his sons have been sent home from boarding school as a housemate has tested positive for the virus – the whole household is socially distancing as well. I have volunteered my services to deliver stuff (driving in my car, no passenger, only I travel in it) and leaving it on the doorstep and running across the road to wave…..


No comments:

Post a Comment