Tuesday 2 February 2010

It’s all gone a bit quiet...






I am still here but for a couple of weeks I was in the most beautiful city in the world. I thought if I blogged from holiday everyone would hate me so much. We left London just as the snow was coming to an end and woke up next morning to summer.

I have been to Cape Town many times – this was for my mother-in-law’s 100th birthday and we had to book last July as this is peak holiday season in the Cape but did so in the knowledge that her increasing frailty meant that there was a chance she wouldn’t be there and she died in September.

So it was the first time we have ever been to Cape Town without any family responsibilities and it felt really strange. We still have some family and friends but there was no centre to our days which had always revolved around her.

I have always thought Cape Town beautiful but the more I travel elsewhere the better it gets. Enough about that – a few photos (above) including the new world cup stadium from the air. It is situated in the most daft place with inadequate transport etc etc but is a stunning looking building – and it seems to be almost ready. The other is my “happy place” at Saunders Rocks when life gets too stressful this is where my mind goes – yes that is me. Finally – sunset at Mouille Point.

Back to business in tomorrow’s blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment