Wednesday 18 July 2012

St Paul’s Cathedral School Speech Day, 13 July


I have got myself a bit out of synch with this rush of blogs and if I knew how to reorganise my blogs so that the last two would be in date order – I would!

However, the day after Max’s Walk I was standing in front of the sundial again.  This time I was going to the Speech Day of the St Paul’s Cathedral School, which was being held at City of London Boys School in their very impressive Hall.

The school is a co-ed school for ages 4 – 13 and also a residential choir school for about 34 boy choristers.  The Needlemakers’ support is for the choristers but I was still interested to learn something about the prep school as it is in the City.

It was a very efficiently run Speech Day and full of interest and entertainment.  The children were certainly enthusiastic and engaged and prizes covered the spectrum from science to sport to music to poetry and academic achievement.

The new Dean of St Paul’s, The Very Reverend David Ison, presented the prizes and broke with tradition and asked the children questions including what memories they were going to take away from school, what they had learned in their own development and received a very spirited response. The school has had excellent success with a number of pupils taking up scholarships, particularly music scholarships, in their new schools.



No comments:

Post a Comment