Monday 26 March 2012

News – what news

I am failing miserably in keeping this up to date. I was somewhat stymied by one of the recent events I attended – this was the Annual Security Lecture arranged by The Worshipful Company of Security Professionals on March 14. This is one of the younger Livery Companies and given the times we live in, both home and abroad, one whose importance cannot be overstated.

However, the excellent lecture was held under Chatham House Rules, which means, “participants are free to use the information received but neither the identity not the affiliation of the speaker nor that of any other participant may be revealed”.

This poses a dilemma as I can either tell you what was discussed but not where or tell you that it took place but not what was discussed. I decided to do the latter.

Suffice to say that the lecture was excellent and it was very interesting talking to members of the Livery both before and after.

No comments:

Post a Comment