Friday 21 January 2011

The Health and Social Care Bill

This much talked about Bill was published on 19 January. I have not yet braved the 367 pages of the Bill – I might just wait until the explanatory notes are published and then brave the reading. It is a lot to get through and, as always, the devil will be in the detail.

At first glance the word research does crop up from time to time and I am slightly encouraged to see that The National Health Service Commissioning Board has as two of its remits a “duty” to promote innovation and research. I will read further.

I feel a bit like I did about War and Peace (see earlier blog). But now that I have got into the swing of the story I am eagerly awaiting my tube journeys each day so that I can move onto the next chapter.

Perhaps this will be just the same......

Seriously though – we will read, analyse and inwardly digest and you may even see comments here.

If you can’t contain your excitement, you can see it here Health and Social Care Bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment